Mold Proofer®Roof Coat
SMP-300 is a single component, elastomeric and low VOC coating that incorporates nano-ceramic technology, which provides outstanding weathering properties. This coating a seamless membrane that acts as an insulative barrier. SMP-300 extends the life of new or existing built-up, metal, concrete, modified bitumen, single-ply and composite shingle roofs by providing a reflective topcoat. SMP-300’s high reflectivity keeps the roof substrate cool, which not only prolongs its life but it ensures extensive energy savings.
The SMP-300 is formulated with an EPA registered, zero VOC, water-base and non-leaching anti-microbial that prevent the growth of microbiological life on the film. SMP-300 is formulated with active silanol groups that bond our proprietary anti-microbial in the coatings matrix. SMP-300 also incorporates intense stain blocking and odor encapsulating additives. The SMP-300 can be applied to a wide variety of porous and non-porous roofing materials. SMP-300 will stop leaks, reduce thermal shock and improve the lifecycle of the roof. SMP-300 is formulated to remain flexible even in sub-zero temperatures and is highly reflective and UV resistant. SMP-300 is also excellent for insulating cold and hot piping, drying ovens, ductwork, boilers, windows and sky lights.
- Roofing, windows, skylights, walls, ceilings, duct work etc.
- Truck & trailer roofs (refrigerated truck bodies)
- Camper roofs, motor homes
- Furnaces, piping, drying ovens, boilers
4 hours at 75°F (24°C), 50% R.H. - White at 16 wet mils (406 microns)
2 hours at 75°F (24°C), 50% R.H. - Gray at 16 mils wet (406 microns)
Required times will increase @ lower temperatures and/or higher humidity
- Tensile Strength: 200 psi (±20) [ASTM D412]
- Elongation: 180% (±20) [ASTM D412]
- Hardness: 60 to 70 Shore A [ASTM D2240]
- Permeance: 2.7 US perms at 22 dry mils [ASTM E96]
- Temperature Limits : 0°F to 200°F (-18°C- 39°C)
- Fire Resistance: UL 790 Class "A" classified system over spray-applied polyurethane foam on noncombustible decks, Class "B" over combustible decks.
APPLICATION & EQUIPMENT
SMP-300 should be applied to 15-20 mils WFT and two coats are recommended for longer service life. Apply with airless sprayer such as the Speed Hydro M4000 or Graco Bulldog 218-320 with 0.036” to 0.053” tip size. Product may be brushed or rolled with a 1” nap roller.
Number of Coats: Apply at 15-25 mils WFT and two coats are recommended.
Coverage (theoretical): ~100 sq. ft. per gal at * Mils DFT.
SMP-300 is available in standard White or Gray.
Packaging: 5-gallon (19 liter) pails and 55-gallon (209 liter) drums